- Review the report provided without looking at the life care plan.
- Identify Eric’s needs based on the narrative report.
- View the Narrative Report for Eric Henderson – Click here for document
- List your recommendations for his life care plan. Outline all appropriate areas of the plan. (You may refer to page 6 in your Life Care Planning and Case Management Handbook for a summary.) Now list all associated items. You will need to consider Eric’s age, home health care, therapy, and long-term medical and educational needs. Identify the purpose and the beginning and ending dates of each item, and be sure to address any and all potential complications.
- When you think that you have finished listing all associated needs, compare the life care plan that you developed to the one provided in the case example. Review the model plan, and be sure that you comprehend why each item was included. Look back over your plan, and evaluate the following:
- Did you include handicapped driver evaluation and training in your plan?
- Did you include fertility treatments for Eric?
- Did you include family education and counseling in your plan?
- Did you notice the need for an evaluation by an intensive physical therapy program?
- Did you adequately identify all the home health care /facility care options for Eric?
- Did you provide case management services? Home maintenance services?
- What were the differences in your plan and the sample plan?
- View the Life Care Plan for Eric Henderson – Click here for document
- View the Potential Complications for Eric Henderson – Click here for document