This lesson will explore the following topics:
This lesson will introduce students to the basic standards, tenets, methodologies and principles of life care planning. Understanding these philosophies will enable students to be competent and effective life care planners.
After completing this lesson you should be able to:
- Appreciate the Standards of Practice for Life Care Planners
- Recognize that adherence to a consistent methodology is essential to developing an effective life care plan
- Understand the basic tenets, methodologies and principles of Life Care Planning
- Listen to the audio Lecture “Tenets of a Life Care Plan and Basic Methodology of Life Care Planning”. In this lecture, Dr. Deutsch discusses the tenets of the life care plan as well as the basic methodology of the practice of life care planning. Click here for PDF notes for the lecture.
- Read the “Standards of Practice and Ethics for Life Care Planners” written by the International Academy of Life Care Planners, please turn to page p. 941 (Appendix I) of your Life Care Planning and Case Management Handbook.
- Read pages 49-89 of Chapter 4: “The Role of the Life Care Planner in Pediatric Life Care Planning” in Pediatric Life Care Planning and Case Management, Second Edition, 2011.