1: International Academy of Life Care Planners
The International Academy of Life Care Planners is an example of one of the professional organizations specifically dedicated to the practice of life care planning. This website provides information about the Journal of Life Care Planning, the benefits of membership, and news from the International Academy of Life Care Planners.
- Visit the International Academy of Life Care Planners website at: http://www.rehabpro.org/sections/ialcp
2: Foundation for Life Care Planning Research
This web field trip is intended to provide you with information on the Foundation for Life Care Planning Research. This Foundation was established in 2002 as a nonprofit research group. Its primary focus is on life care planning validation studies and rehabilitation research.
- Visit the Foundation for Life Care Planning Research at their website: http://www.flcpr.org/index.html
- Review the information provided about the Foundation on their home page.
- Read “About Us” located on the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Now click the link “Research” located on the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Read “Life Care Planning Research”.
- Feel free to explore the other sections of this site at your leisure. If you are interested in conducting research, e-mail the Foundation at: email@example.com.
3: Business Basics
As you are beginning your certificate program, you may be thinking about starting your own business as a life care planner. It is recommended that you complete the Life Care Planning Certificate Program before deciding to open or advertise a new business.
The following websites are good references to use if you decide to start a life care planning business once you have completed the life care planning certificate program.
Both websites provide good information on creating a business, but do not be afraid to consult experts in business development if you decide to start a small business.
For information on technology and life care planning, specifically choosing the computers and appropriate software, consider reading Chapter 31: “Technology and Life Care Planning” in the Life Care Planning and Case Management Handbook.
Additional Canadian Resources
4: Ontario Business Basics – Entrepreneurs
As an entrepreneur, you will find resources at this site for your business ideas, including links to funding and partnerships. Whether start up or expansion of a business, this is a good place to start. As well you can receive in-person assistance to help you start or expand a small business in Ontario.
5: Business Development Bank of Canada
The Business Development Bank of Canada helps create and develop Canadian businesses through financing, venture capital and consulting services, with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). They are solely dedicated to Canadian entrepreneurs. We have a nationwide team helping more than 28,000 businesses reach their full potential.
Most cities have a similar package available for small business such as the one listed here for Richmond Hill, ON and can be found on the internet.