This lesson will explore the following topics:
- Understand the components of the clinical interview
- Understand how to conduct effective clinical interviews
- Recognize the importance of a second party at the evaluation appointment
- Recognize the purpose and elements of the narrative report
- Appreciate the application of the clinical interview to the life care plan
1. Listen to the audio lecture “The Clinical Interview”.
In this audio lecture, Dr. Deutsch reviews the clinical interview and history form as well as supplemental items used during the interview. Dr. Deutsch explains how to conduct effective clinical interviews and reviews the importance of having a second party present at the clinical interview. While listening to the lecture follow along with the documents:
- Intake Part 1
- Clinical Interview Present Treatment
- Head Injury – Developmental Delay Intake Form
- Intake Spinal Injury
2. Read “Clinical Interview and History” (Please see attached file: Lesson 5 – Reading).