1: Spinal Cord Injury Information Network
The Spinal Cord Injury Information Network offers the user a wealth of information regarding spinal cord injury (SCI). Medical and psychosocial information related to SCI can be found at this site. The site also provides a resource list of other disability organizations that may be of interest to life care planners.
- Visit the Spinal Cord Injury Information Network at http://www.spinalcord.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=21829
- Click on “SCI Fact Sheets” located in the toolbar on the left side of the page.
- Here you will find a number of articles that provide you with information you may find useful in your life care planning practice.
- Click your back browser button.
- Click on “Professional Groups” located on the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Browse through these resources by clicking on the different links.
- Review these lists and add any organizations that you find useful to you.
- Click on “Consumer Groups” located on the toolbar at the top of the page and browse through these resources as well.
This site contains information that is pertinent to life care planners. Be sure to mark this as a favorite. You will be visiting this site again during the lessons in this course.
2: Understanding Spinal Cord Injury and Functional Goals and Outcomes
- Visit “Spinal Cord Injury Info- Sheet #5- Understanding Spinal Cord Injury and Functional Goals and Outcomes” at http://images.main.uab.edu/spinalcord/pdffiles/info-5.pdf This PDF link contains information related to the anatomy and physiology of a SCI. It discusses the level of injury related to functional goals. This information will be important to you as you write life care plans for your clients with spinal cord injury.
- Read the information provided to you at this site.