This lesson will explore the following topics:
This lesson will familiarize the student with the possible sequelae and potential complications of a spinal cord injury. This lesson will discuss how to include potential complications of spinal cord injury in the life care plan.
- Identify the potential complications of spinal cord injury
- Describe the potential complications of spinal cord injury
- Identify the potential sequelae of spinal cord injury
- Describe the possible sequelae of spinal cord injury
2. Read Chapter 18: Life Care Planning for Spinal Cord Injury (pgs. 623-634) in Life Care Planning and Case Management Handbook (3rd edition),
Several different complications can occur as a result of a spinal cord injury. This portion of chapter 18 serves as a brief introduction to the possible complications an individual with spinal cord injury may face. More information regarding sexual functioning will be provided in lesson 4.
3. Read “Sequelae of Spinal Cord Injury, Physiology and Complications” Click Here for the readings