1: Young, Wise. (2003). Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury by Care Cure Community (REQUIRED)
This PDF file provides information specifically related to pediatric spinal cord injury. It contains information related to emergency care, acute and chronic complications, as well as functional recovery. It also provides abstracts of research articles related to pediatric spinal cord injury.
- Visit Young, Wise. (2003). Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury. Care Cure Community. at: http://sci.rutgers.edu/dynarticles/PediatricSCI.pdf
- Read pages 1-5.
- Browse the literature cited to determine if any of the listed articles will be useful for your practice.
2: Access to Recreation (OPTIONAL)
Access to recreation is important for children and adults with spinal cord injury. As discussed in Course 1, Health and Strength Maintenance is one of the categories that should be included in a life care plan if appropriate. Access to Recreation is one of several sites that offer adapted equipment to afford individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate in leisure activities.
- Visit Access to Recreation at their website: http://www.accesstr.com/
- Browse this site to gather ideas for potential recommendations for life care plans.
3: National Sports Center for the Disabled (OPTIONAL)
This site provides information related to adaptive recreation in more than 20 different sports.
- Visit the National Sports Center for the Disabled at: www.nscd.org/.
- Read about the different types of programs offered.
- Browse the remainder of this site at your convenience.