1: Paralyzed Veterans of America (OPTIONAL)
This web field trip will give students information about the Paralyzed Veterans of America. The trip is intended to provide the student with an additional resource to view clinical practice guidelines. This website will be useful for the life care planner in everyday practice.
- Visit the Paralyzed Veterans of America’s website at: www.pva.org
- Click the tab “What We Do” located on the toolbar towards the top of the page.
- Read “What We Do”.
- Click the link “Spinal Cord Research and Education” located in the toolbar on the left hand side of the page.
- To access the clinical practice guidelines, click on “Consortium for Spinal Cord Medicine” located on the left hand side of the page.
- Read this information then click on the “Printed and Downloadable” link in the center of the page to view a list of free guidelines.
Explore the remainder of this site on your own as it has a wealth of useful information on it.