1. Most men with spinal cord injury are able to have a reflex erection with physical stimulation if the ____________ pathway is not damaged.
2. Pregnancy enhances a woman’s susceptibility to ____________ which can contribute to skin breakdown.
3. One of the biggest keys to adjusting to spinal cord injury is personal ____________.
4. Newly injured individuals will often experience ____________.
5. Changing nutritional demands and the pregnant woman’s altered sense of gravity can impair the healing of a ____________ once it develops.
Answer: pressure sore
6. ____________ is a procedure when a doctor inserts an electrical stimulation probe into the rectum, and the controlled electrical stimulation produces an ejaculation.
Answer: Rectal Probe Electroejaculation
7. One of the counseling theories used with individuals with SCI is ____________.
Answer: Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
8. It is (normal/abnormal) ____________ for most women to experience a brief pause in their menstrual cycle after a traumatic injury.
9. ____________ is commonly expressed through physical and emotional closeness.
10. The most significant impact of impairment on sexual response seem to be the inability of some women to produce ____________.
Answer: vaginal lubrication
11. During labor and delivery, ____________ may occur in women with an injury at or above the T10 level, especially above T6.
Answer: autonomic dysfreflexia
12. One myth is that the number of sperm that a man produces (increases/decreases) ____________ the longer the time after injury.