1: Cure for Paralysis (REQUIRED)
On May 25, 1995, Christopher Reeve was paralyzed from a spinal cord injury. In 1999, Reeve became the Chairman of the Christopher Reeve Foundation (CRF). This is a non-profit foundation that supports research for effective treatment options as well as the development of a cure for paralysis.
The CRF website provides valuable information to professionals as well as individuals affected by spinal cord injury.
- Visit the CRF website at: http://www.christopherreeve.org/site/c.geIMLPOpGjF/b.899265/k.CC03/Home.htm
- Click on “About Us” located in the toolbar on the left of the page.
- Scroll down to the box titled “Christopher and Dana Reeve”.
- Read “Christopher Reeve: Biography” by clicking the link in the box.
- View the Spinal Cord Injury Tutorial by clicking on the “Research” link on the toolbar on the left of the page.
- Scroll down to the box titled “The Basics”.
- Then click “Illustrated SCI Tutorial”.
- Navigate the information here by clicking the links provided in the middle of the page and then using your back browser button.
- Explore this site on your own to check out additional information it has to offer.
- Then, click the link “Paralysis Resource Center” on the toolbar on the left of the page.
- Browse this site as it has useful information for life care planners.
2: The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis (REQUIRED)
In addition to the CRF, many groups are taking initiative to promote research that will one day cure paralysis. The Miami Project is the most comprehensive spinal cord injury research center in the world. The Miami Project, which began in 1985, is devoted to finding more effective treatments for SCI, and eventually a cure.
- Visit The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis: http://www.themiamiproject.org/
- Click “About Us” located in the top toolbar then click “Learn More” in the box titled “About the Miami Project”.
- Click the link “Research Achievements” located on the left hand side of the page and read about the research.
- Explore the remainder of this site at your leisure.