Case Study: Jamie Client
- Turn to page 349 of Chapter 15 in your Pediatric Life Care Planning and Case Management book. Review the information for Jamie Client on pages 349-376. Although the information available on Jamieis very limited, take what you have learned from the above lessons and attempt to create a life care plan for Jamie. (Note: She is currently dependent on a ventilator, but is a good candidate for a phrenic nerve stimulator.)
You may refer to page 61 of your book and reference the “Life Care Plan Checklist”.
- Once you have completed your sample life care plan, look at the sample life care plan provided to you and review. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Did you include all necessary supplies and equipment for the ventilator?
- Did you include a back-up generator in your life care plan?
- Did you remember to increase hours for home health when Jamie gets older?
- Did you include a vocational component in your plan? Why or why not?
- Did you include a children’s camp? Why or why not?
- What therapies did you include? Did you consider other family members?