1: Rehabilitation of Persons with Traumatic Brain Injury (REQUIRED)
This web field trip is designed to provide you with additional information about cognitive rehabilitation. Suggestions to successful rehabilitation are offered.
- Visit the article: “Rehabilitation of Persons with Traumatic Brain Injury” at- http://consensus.nih.gov/1998/1998TraumaticBrainInju ry109html.htm
- Read the article.
2: Brain Train (OPTIONAL)
One of the goals of cognitive behavioral rehabilitation is to improve the functioning of the individual with TBI. The following website provides the user with a brochure to purchase cognitive retraining software. The site also provides a link to other “Freeware/Shareware.”
- Visit Brain Train at: http://www.braintrain.com/
- Click the link “Brain Train Cognitive Retraining Software” in the upper left hand corner of the page.
- View the options of software.
- Then, click the link “Other Software Freeware/Shareware” located in the upper right hand corner.
- Review this information to determine if it will be useful for you.
3: Model Systems Tour (OPTIONAL)
This web field trip is intended to give the student links to all traumatic brain injury model systems. Currently, there are 16 model care systems for individuals with TBI. The programs serve as a Model for the treatment of TBI, conduct data collection, and participate in research. Each program has unique components. Please visit several of the following sites to familiarize yourself with the information provided by each.
The Rehabilitation Research Center for TBI
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
San Jose, California
Project Director: Jeffrey Englander, MD
408-885-2000 or Email: email@example.com
Spaulding-Harvard Traumatic Brain Injury Model System
Project Advisor: Mel Glenn, MD
617-573-2625 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Univ of Washington TBIMS
Project Director: Kathleen Bell, MD
206-685-0935 pr Email: email@example.com