1. The Internet Stroke Center (REQUIRED)
This web field trip is intended to give the student additional information related to stroke. This site has valuable information related to stroke including: management, diagnosis, and other resources. The site gives access to practice guidelines and also has an image library where you can view pictures of images of different disorders. Visit The Internet Stroke Center: http://www.strokecenter.org/
2. American Stroke Association (OPTIONAL)
Visit the American Stroke Association as it contains useful information related to CVA and stroke.
- Visit the American Stroke Association website: http://www.strokeassociation.org/STROKEORG/#
- Click on the link “About Stroke” located in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Place your cursor on “Types of Stroke”.
- Read the information provided then explore the site at your leisure.
3. Additional Stroke Resources (OPTIONAL)
The world-wide-web has numerous resources related to stroke. This web field trip is designed to provide you with a list of additional resources that may be useful for you in your life care planning practice.
- National Aphasia Association: http://www.aphasia.org/
- American Stroke Association: www.strokeassociation.org
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (US GOV): http://www.ninds.nih.gov/
- National Stroke Association: www.stroke.org
- Hazel K. Goddess Fund for Stroke Research in Women: http://www.thegoddessfund.org/
- Internet Stroke Center at Washington University: http://www.strokecenter.org/
- Hemi-Kids: http://www.hemikids.org/
- Brain Attack Coalition: http://www.stroke- site.org/