This lesson will explore the following topics:
- Describe the effects of epilepsy within each category of severity
- Describe the needs dictated by epilepsy
1. Readings (click text links below)
- Central Nervous System Impairments
- Congenital Brain Damage and Birth Injury
- Post-Traumatic Epilepsy
- Other Aspects of Evaluation
- Rehabilitation Planning and Intervention
2. Read: “Continuing Life with Noah, A Mother’s Perspective” in Pediatric Life Care Planning and Case Management, Second Edition. Or, First Edition: “Life Care Planning for the Child with Acquired Brain Injury.” In S. Riddick- Grisham (Ed.) Pediatric Life Care Planning and Case Management Chapter 45. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
This chapter describes a mother’s perspective on caring for her child with epilepsy.