1: Epilepsy.com (REQUIRED)
This web field trip encompasses key medical concepts that life care planners need to know when creating a life care plan for an individual with epilepsy. Epileipsy.com is an online resource that provides the user with information related to the diagnosis of epilepsy, treatment, living with epilepsy, as well as additional sources of information. The purpose of this web field trip is to introduce you to the medical diagnosis of epilepsy and the quality of life of individuals living with epilepsy.
- Visit Epilepsy.com at: http://www.epilepsy.com/
- Click the link “New to Epilepsy”.
- Read the information on the page and then click “Epilepsy 101”.
- Be sure to read the information included in each section! (You do not need to read the Related Articles for the purposes of this web trip.)
- Continue to explore the rest of this site.
- Don’t forget to check out the resource information.
2: Comprehensive Epilepsy Center (OPTIONAL)
This web field trip is designed to give the student a resource that is dedicated to treating epilepsy. The Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at NYU is the largest epilepsy treatment center in the Eastern United States. The center offers treatment for adults, adolescents, and children. It is important for life care planners to be aware that there are comprehensive treatment centers for disabilities such as epilepsy.
- Visit the Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at: http://www.med.nyu.edu/cec/
- Click the tab “For Pediatric Patients” located towards the top of the page.
- On this page, you can access the “FACES Pediatric Resource Handbook” by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page.
- Review this site to see what other services it has to offer.