Case Study: Kobe Williams
Review the report provided to you without looking at the life care plan. Identify Kobe’s needs based on the narrative report.
To view the Narrative Report for Kobe Williams, click here for the document.
List your recommendations for his life care plan. Outline all appropriate areas of the plan. You may refer to page 6 in Life Care Planning and Case Management Handbook for a summary. You may also want to refer to page 449 in Life Care Planning and Case Management Handbook for the Life Care Plan Checklist for Mental Illness.
Now list all associated items. You will need to consider Kobe’s age, home health care, therapy, long-term medical and educational needs. Identify the purpose and the beginning and ending dates of each item, and be sure to address any and all potential complications.
When you think that you have finished listing all associated needs, compare the life care plan that you developed to the one provided in the case example. Review the model plan and be sure that you comprehend why each item was included. Look back over your plan, and evaluate the following:
- Did you include an evaluation by a developmental/behavioral psychologist?
- Did you include a behavioral modification program for Kobe?
- Did you include family counseling in your plan?
- Did you notice the need for respite care?
- Did you adequately identify all the home health care/facility care options for Kobe?
- Did you provide case management services?
- What were the differences in your plan and the sample plan?
To view the Life Care Plan for Kobe Williams, click here for the document.
To view the Potential Complications for Kobe Williams, click here for the document.
Now, create a vocational worksheet containing these elements:
- Physical and Cognitive vocational handicaps
- Emotional difficulties that may potentially interfere with successful employment
- Placeability (his/her ability to be placed in a job)
- Pre-injury earnings capacity vs. Post-injury earnings capacity
To view the Vocational Worksheet for Kobe Williams, click here for the document.